Vietnamese Spring Rolls
For the filling:
- 24 small round or square rice paper won ton wrappers
- 250 grams pork mice
- 6 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked, drained and chopped.
- 50 grams cellophane noodles, soaked, drained and chopped.
- ¼ cup hot veitamese mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 spring onions, slices
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
For dipping sauce:
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Mix the filling ingredients. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the centre of each wonton wrapper.
- Roll up. Folding in the side to make a parcel, moisten edge to hold. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
- Heat vegetable oil in frying pan, fry spring rolls for 8-10 minutes. Turn several times. They are best done in batches.
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients and serve in separate bowl.
Recipe from a lesson in Home Economics.