Chicken Cacciatore (Serves 1)
- 200 grams, chicken thigh, diced or left whole
- 3 tablespoons, corn flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons, olive oil
- ¼ , an onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves, garlic, crushed
- ¼ , a red capsicum, chopped
- ¼ , a green capsicum, chopped
- ½ , a large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ , celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 100 grams, tomato puree
- 100 grams, crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup, water
- 8, cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup, chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon, oregano
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon, dried basil
- 6, button mushrooms, cut in to six quarters each
- 8, basil leaves (to garnish)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large fry pan. Add chicken and sprinkle with corn flour and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about five minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat ½ a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add capsicum, carrot, ¾ of the mushrooms and celery; cook for 3 minute. Stir occasionally,
- Return chicken to pan. Add tomato puree/crushed tomatoes and prepared cherry tomatoes. Stir, and then add stock, water and oregano, pepper and basil. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
NewsLifeMedia (2002) Chicken Cacciatore Recipe. [online] Available at: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/6404/chicken+cacciatore [Accessed: 9 May 2013].
Click here to go to the next recipe.